Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Water Fight.

This summer has been simply amazing up to this point. I have been given so many opportunities to spend quality time with quality people. I had high expectations for this summer of 2010 because it was a summer that I was not traveling out of country. The freedom of the summer has allowed me to pick up and go on a road trip, take a bath in Lake Michigan, read a book (i truly only think i have read two entire books that were over a hundred pages including the one I just finished reading), have a water fight, and watch a handful of sunsets.
All this opportunity has given me peace and rest. But at the same time it has gave me time to think how I need to grow as a man. I do not know how to express my feelings, I need to understand me, and let God into my life every day. God has given me this freedom and I must let him direct me along the winding path.
I have thought all of this because of the single water fight that I was able to participate in with a great friend, and two younger siblings of his girlfriend (also a great friend). The water fight was so enjoyable and freeing that I realized this is how I should feel from day to day because God has given me this freedom. The freedom from anything that would hold me back. With nothing holding me back what can't I accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment